Kitchen of The Month: April '10
View other Kitchens of the month
This kitchen offers several unique features that all result in a beautiful design for a traditional home. These include:
- An island finished in a different color than the rest of the cabinetry. This makes it appear to be a stand alone piece of furniture.
- Wonderful ceiling moldings really warm up the space and add architectural interest to an often overlooked area of the room.
- Unique use of stone and tile. Granite countertops coordinate with the backsplash tile that has been cut into different sizes and shapes. A small mosaic tile pattern behind the cooktop is carried across the backsplash for continuity.
- Installing glass doors and lighting to the upper cabinets allows you to display beautiful collections which add color and interest to the kitchen.
- A very functional pasta faucet behind the stove is a real luxury.
- A prep sink next to the stove and a regular sink in the island make it possible to have two cooks in the kitchen at once.
- The window not only allows natural light into the room but is designed to mimic the look of the cabinetry making a smooth transition cupboard to window to cupboard.
This warm and inviting room is sure to become a gathering spot for family and friends.